Letter Sent to Various British Newspapers Questioning the Veracity of the Iranian Hostage Taking
April 1, 2007
Posted by; Phil Jayhan, April 1st, 2007
The following letter was sent to various British newspapers by a colleague…
I am writing to you at a critical time and your active response to this message (or lack of it) could be very important in shaping the immediate future in fundamental ways.
Over the past 18 months or so, we have seen the demonization of Iran, with repeated stories, based on flimsy evidence, that they are about to make a Nuclear Bomb. Even if this were true (and credible sources deny the possibility <http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-04-14-iran-nukes_x.htm> )
, there are several other nations around the world that have these weapons (and would possibly use them given an excuse), so why is Iran such a “threat”?
The “Iran Stakes” in the media have recently been raised with the latest “hostage crisis”. However, many of us now know the game that is being played – and that certain groups and interests which control the media are guilty of not giving us the full picture and even giving us false information. To give you a good example, it has recently come to light that the BBC reported the collapse of World Trade Centre (WTC) Building 7 about 20 minutes before it actually collapsed <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW_JRe67v1g>
 on Sept 11th 2001. Their response to this is that “they don’t really know why” and that they have now lost their tapes – of the most significant news event in recent history <http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2007/03/part_of_the_conspiracy_2.html>
. Forgive us, then, if I no longer trust the media in the way I once did (read the comments on Richard Porter’s blog to get a sample of opinion). A petition about this matter has garnered over 3000 signatures <http://www.petitiononline.com/wtc7bbc/>
 asking the BBC to state the source of their information about the WTC 7 Collapse. Petition comments are also worth a read. (See here for information about WTC 7 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqpCol-Qvr8>
I therefore now question the true circumstances of the capture of the British Sailors, on several grounds:
- HMS Cornwall had a helicopter watching overhead so how did they not see the Iranian fleet steam up and ‘surround’ the zodiacs? How do you surround a rubber dinghy capable of 30 knots?
- How was it that a BBC journalist (along with selected newspaper journalists) embedded themselves with the actual ship that was going to be involved with this major news story? How did they also just happen to interview Faye Turney only a couple of hours before she goes out <http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news/video/86000/bb/86090_16x9_bb.ram> on patrol? 
- The normal procedure for a Royal Navy boarding party is for their ship to be no more than 1800 metres (gun range) away from the designated ship to be searched. If it was further than 2 kilometres, then this was a break with normal SOPs (standing operational procedures). If the Cornwall was within 2 kilometres, then why was no support given with warning shots?
- HMS Cornwall has radar and high tech equipment – how did they not pick up the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s patrol boats as they were approaching the RN boarding party?
- An article in the Guardian (29th March 2007) <http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,2044448,00.html>  states:
“HMS Cornwall could not come to their aid since the boarding took place in very shallow water. The frigate was more than four miles away at the time of the ambush, according to naval sources.”
- According to Navy News, the draught of HMS Cornwall is 6.3 metres <http://www.navynews.co.uk/ships/cornwall.asp> . The Indian registered vessel being checked by the Cornwall’s boarding party when their seizure occurred was anchored in the channel leading to the Shatt al Arab waterway, which in turn leads to the Al Basrah Port. This port is able to take vessels whose tonnage is much bigger than the 4,850 tonnes of the Cornwall. The Channel Depth to the Al Basrah Port <http://steelmillsoftheworld.com/ports/display.asp?id=48400>  is between 7.9 and 9.1 metres and that the anchorage is between 9.4 and 10.7 metres. So why did HMS Cornwall not steam to within 1 kilometre of the suspect where it could offer close support, as is normal practice in a war zone?
- Former British Ambassador Craig Murray has also raised concerns about the authenticity/validity of “The Map” <http://www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com/node/1054>  which has been used as evidence that the sailors were snatched from Iraqi waters.
We know the false warnings were raised about WMD before the Iraq War. We know 9/11 was an “Inside Job” (who blew up WTC 7?). We must now turn the tide against inaccurate and incomplete reporting – which essentially amounts to propaganda. We must remember the terrible tragedy the Iraq occupation has become – 100’s of thousands of civilians and thousands of troops have been killed. I suggest this could all this could have been avoided if honest reporting had been allowed to take place.
We must realise that it is extremely likely that the Iranian military were baited into capturing the UK Sailors, in order to create an international incident – a modern “Gulf of Tonkin”. This then would be used to foment an attack that America seems to have been planning for several years <http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf> .
I therefore insist that the facts presented above are fully investigated, disclosed and reported accurately. Those responsible for giving out false information, and those supporting this activity, should be identified and held accountable for their actions. Let us therefore try to prevent a potentially catastrophic conflict in the Middle East, which could result in huge devastation and enormous loss of life. You have the power to prevent this from happening. Use it wisely.
A very concerned citizen.
 http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-04-14-iran-nukes_x.htm <http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-04-14-iran-nukes_x.htm>
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW_JRe67v1g <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW_JRe67v1g>
9/11 was an inside job. Our nation is in peril.
The perpetrators are in positions of power.
Demand a new investigation.
Stand up. Be counted.